Billing & Payment Options
- Manage your account and pay your bill online
- Budget Billing - Upon the request of the consumer and for convenience, the Utility will provide budget billing in accordance with the rules and regulations filed by the Utility and approved by the New Mexico Public Regulation commission.
- Credit Card Auto Pay - Automatic monthly payment from credit or debit cards is available.
- Payment Drop Box - A payment drop box is located at our Main office in Mora on Hwy 518 Drop box also available at the entrance to our Pecos office on State Hwy 50
- Return Envelopes - Pre-addressed envelopes for those wishing to mail their payment are available at the consumer's request
You may want to take advantage of MSMEC's budget billing plan to pay for your electric service.
The budget billing plan features:
- Equal monthly payments.
- No fluctuations with seasonal changes.
- Predetermined payment amounts.
The monthly budget amount is based on your most recent twelve months' bills. It is then adjusted to reflect any rate increase which may become effective during the twelve month period.
If you have resided at your current address for less than twelve months, the budget billing amount may be based on the previous tenant's billing history.
Each month you will receive an electric bill indicating your electric usage and status of your account.
The monthly budget amount can be adjusted if there is a rate change or if your electric usage patterns change substantially.
If you have no outstanding or delinquent amounts owed to the Cooperative you are eligible for the budget billing plan.
You may elect to terminate the plan at any time by notifying us in writing and paying the balance of the account.
Please contact us to sign up for budget billing.
We accept payment by Visa and MasterCard credit cards automatically.
Print and complete the Credit Card Authorization Form, and fax it to us at 575-387-5975 or drop it off at one of our offices.
MSMEC will deduct your payment from a credit card that you designate. Monthly payments will be applied two to three working days before due date. It is an ideal program for customers who frequently travel, or want the convenience of having us remember when your bill is due. There is no cost to use this payment feature.